By enthusiasts, for enthusiasts
2018 Scottish “Borders” Hill Rally
The Scottish Hill Rally Club is delighted to be able to welcome you to the 2018 Scottish “Borders” Hill Rally.
The event will be the second and final round in the Hill Rally Championship (round one was The Welsh Hill Rally) and will take place surrounded by the dramatic scenery of The Galloway Hills, at Forrest Estate near the lovely village of St. Johns Town of Dalry.
This year’s event will build on previous success and also offer new exciting elements:
- A number of tracks which haven’t been used for a number of years.
- A completely new, never raced before, stage.
- Fast graded Cat A routes, with something a bit more challenging along the way, whether mud, water or rocky surfaces.
- 15 additional special stage miles, giving 110 special stage miles in all.
- Night stages – this year anticipating three shorter stages after dark.
- 10am start on Saturday, and 10am start on Sunday,
- Finish & awards ceremony by 4pm (aimed) on Sunday afternoon
- Enlarged service area, allowing for a maximum of 60 entries
- A new, exceptional local catering provider, with quality food at great prices (taste-tested at the SCCC in June)
- TV coverage
As ever the all weather surface and various tests will be a real challenge of speed versus endurance over the weekend.
The event remains at National B – so a Clubman Licence is the minimum required, and to help preserve the roads at the venue tyres will be limited to the All-Terrain list in the Blue Book.
A new entry system for Scottish Borders Hill Rally courtesy of That’s Motorsport means you can set up an account and enter all your details prior to entries opening https://my.thats-
For those registered in the Hill Rally Championship you will already have an account, so when entries open at 19.00 on Sunday 5th August 2018 all you need to do is login to your That’s Motorsport account and click on the link to Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2018 and complete the application process. Don’t forget to make the payment, your entry won’t be complete until full payment is received. In order to be certain of an entry you must fully complete your entry and make your payment before general entries open on 12th August 2018.
The Hill Rally Championship is now closed to new applications as the maximum entry was achieved for the Welsh Hill Rally .
For those not in the Championship you can still set up your account in advance and complete all the details for your entry form prior to entries opening. When general entries open at 19.00 on Sunday 12th August 2018 all you need to do is login to your That’s Motorsport account and click on the link to Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2018 and complete the application process. Don’t forget to make the payment, your entry won’t be fully complete until full payment is received.
Early indications are that interest will be brisk. Entry is on a first come, first served basis, so book early to avoid disappointment!
Regulations (both Supplementary & Technical) are available
Annual General Meeting
The clubs AGM will be held at The Inn, The Crook of Devon (Main Street, Crook Of Devon, Kinross KY13 0UR) on Saturday 17th of February.
Meal 12 for 1230 then the AGM at 1400
Another year is over, and it was an excellent event. There was commentary in the pits from Diana Tigwell, and occasional updates on Facebook from Dave Harlow.
42 cars left service to head to SS1, and 29 of them finished SS16…. completing 93 gruelling, challenging, and hard-fought miles of competitive miles.
Some comments from Competitors, and Marshals
- “Thank you to everyone who made it happen it’s a awesome event!!”
- “Scottish “Borders” Hill Rally – what can I say? My first year as crewing Spec Safety, I was blown away with the professionalism, enthusiasm, keeness and general great vibe from all the marshals we came across. That means all of you.”
- “Fantastic event, fantastically run with a great team. Thank you all for a great weekend, had a great time even though I didn’t finish. Well done all who did.“
- “I would just like to say a very big thank you to the recovery team, 1st aid team and the doctor who assisted me after crashing out at the borders hill rally, they were second to none! “
- “Thank you once again Scotland for the scenery… thank you competitors for providing the entertainment thank you fellow Marshals and officials for the craic. … Superb event “
The pressure was on Anthony Jackson & Nicky Brook on the Sunday, with second place just 9 seconds behind them as the event resumed at 10am – but they kept his cool, and drove a clean line to clinch first place.
Willie Stubbs & Andy Hill were, once again, the bridesmaid: with a stage time of just 1 minute behind Anthony. Marque Jacques & Adam Nicholson came in a well-deserved third place.
It was sad to see Justin Birchall & Jonny Koonja push just a tad too hard on the final stage and park in the scenery – Justin had been driving like a man possessed after a disastrous final stage on Saturday, had clawed back huge amounts of time from the leading pack, and had a podium position in sight.
The full results are from North East Results Service and give a wealth of information on individual stages as well as overall positions at various times.
The event was broadcast on Satellite TV, and is the “Directors Cut” is now available on YouTube.
Congratulations to Ben Duckworth for his win at the event (100 competitive miles in 2 hours 20 minutes, and less than 4 minutes ahead of Richard Copsey in second.)
Final results and a rich variety of information (top 10 stage times, top speeds, etc) are available from North East Results Service.
The event was broadcast on Motors TV on the 23rd of December, and is now publicaly available:
Results for the 2015 event are available from North East Results Service, with a rich variety of information (top 10 stage times, top speeds, etc)
Scottish Cross Country Championship
For further details on SCCC events, refer to the SCCC web site.
by admin with no comments yet.