By enthusiasts, for enthusiasts
Another year is over, and it was an excellent event. There was commentary in the pits from Diana Tigwell, and occasional updates on Facebook from Dave Harlow.
42 cars left service to head to SS1, and 29 of them finished SS16…. completing 93 gruelling, challenging, and hard-fought miles of competitive miles.
Some comments from Competitors, and Marshals
- “Thank you to everyone who made it happen it’s a awesome event!!”
- “Scottish “Borders” Hill Rally – what can I say? My first year as crewing Spec Safety, I was blown away with the professionalism, enthusiasm, keeness and general great vibe from all the marshals we came across. That means all of you.”
- “Fantastic event, fantastically run with a great team. Thank you all for a great weekend, had a great time even though I didn’t finish. Well done all who did.“
- “I would just like to say a very big thank you to the recovery team, 1st aid team and the doctor who assisted me after crashing out at the borders hill rally, they were second to none! “
- “Thank you once again Scotland for the scenery… thank you competitors for providing the entertainment thank you fellow Marshals and officials for the craic. … Superb event “
The pressure was on Anthony Jackson & Nicky Brook on the Sunday, with second place just 9 seconds behind them as the event resumed at 10am – but they kept his cool, and drove a clean line to clinch first place.
Willie Stubbs & Andy Hill were, once again, the bridesmaid: with a stage time of just 1 minute behind Anthony. Marque Jacques & Adam Nicholson came in a well-deserved third place.
It was sad to see Justin Birchall & Jonny Koonja push just a tad too hard on the final stage and park in the scenery – Justin had been driving like a man possessed after a disastrous final stage on Saturday, had clawed back huge amounts of time from the leading pack, and had a podium position in sight.
The full results are from North East Results Service and give a wealth of information on individual stages as well as overall positions at various times.
The event will be broadcast on Satellite TV, and come to YouTube in the fullness of time – we will keep you updated.
Congratulations to Ben Duckworth for his win at the event (100 competitive miles in 2 hours 20 minutes, and less than 4 minutes ahead of Richard Copsey in second.)
Final results and a rich variety of information (top 10 stage times, top speeds, etc) are available from North East Results Service.
The event was broadcast on Motors TV on the 23rd of December, and is now publicaly available:
Results for the 2015 event are available from North East Results Service, with a rich variety of information (top 10 stage times, top speeds, etc)
Scottish Cross Country Championship
For further details on SCCC events, refer to the SCCC web site.
by admin with no comments yet.